What will counseling cost me?
Everyone’s situation is different and yet I know when I inquire about services I like to know the guidelines regarding charges or at least a ball park figure. Use the information on this website as a guideline for price quotes and contact me to discuss your specific situation. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call. We all make choices in how we spend our money, whether it is insurance co-pays or if you are paying privately, consider what it costs you emotionally to continue your life circumstances as they are. Sometimes a little investment in yourself will pay on-going dividends in the the quality of your life.
Please call your insurance company using the number located on your card (usually the back) to see if I am an in network provider. Many times insurance companies contract out their mental health services to another insurance company so just because your insurance company is not listed specifically, if I am contracted with the company your insurance plan contracts out to, then my services will be covered for you. Because insurance companies are always modifying their contracts, it's always a good idea to call the number on the back of your card and check or use your insurance website to verify who is a covered provider.
Insurance Accepted (last updated 4/17/18)
- Beacon Health Options
- Blue Cross FEP (Federal Employ Program)
- Ceridian LifeWorks EAP
- CHPW--Community HealthPlan of Washington
- Crime Victims -- Washington State L&I
- First Choice Health
- First Choice Health EAP
- Jorgensen EAP
- Kaiser Permanente
- Premera Blue Cross
- Regence Blue Shield
- VA First Choice Program
I am phasing out of taking people with Medicaid. This includes Applehealth plans of Molina, CHPW, and eventually Amerigroup. I have already stopped accepting Applehealth United Behavioral Healthcare. If you have Medicaid, please contact NEW Alliance Counseling Services at (509) 684-4597.
Provider One If you have just a provider one card and are not registered with AppleHealth, I am not able to see you and you'll have to contact NEW Alliance at (509) 684-4597.
Insurances not accepted:
- Medicare If you want to find a Medicare provider use the Medicare website https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/
My BASE Rate is $125 an hour if you need that for calculations for coinsurance. This is for information purposes only as every insurance company varies in their calculations. Example, if you have 20% coinsurance your out of pocket pay would be $25.
Copayments are usually a fixed amount whereas coinsurance is usually a percentage. Copayments are determined by your insurance company and are usually a fixed figure which is either printed on your card or you can get by calling your insurance company.
Private pay clients.
- Private pay means you do not plan to bill insurance at all.
- $75 an hour — Private pay clients get a reduced rate (40% discount) off the the base rate of $125 per hour. The first appointment is 2 hours long or $150.
- Payment must be made at the time of the appointment. I prefer cash or check but I am also able to accept debit,credit cards, or health savings cards through Stripe (a payment processing system).